... and the product to go with the labels
Yesterday, the labels were made. Today, three batches of Lemon Curd were made to fill 18 small mason jars. Here is the recipe for one batch:
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 2-3 large lemons or 4-5 small lemons)
2-3 tbsp lemon zest (from same lemons)
4 egg yolks
4 whole eggs
1/4 (4 tbsp) cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
3 tbsp heavy cream
1. Heat sugar, lemon juice, zest, and salt in pot until sugar is dissolved.
2. Beat together yolks and whole eggs. Pour in some hot lemon mixture into eggs, and mix well. Pour eggs into pot and stir continuously.
3. Stir in butter pieces until melted. When mixture starts to thicken and coat the back of a wooden spoon, turn off heat. Cool slightly.
4. Pour curd into mesh bag and sieve into a large clean bowl. Stir in cream.
5. Serve or use in favourite recipe.