19 February 2014

100 Drawings - No. 76 to 100

The last 25 drawings for the assignment are here!  This time, raccoon is the star.  The drawings were timed for two minutes a piece.  The first ones look more "realistic" as I used photos to figure out how to draw a raccoon.  Since these were coming out fast, the later drawings start to show a short-hand for certain features, and the 'coons develop more character.  The candle was carved again to make an eye-patch stamp because it sure saved on inking time.

Drawing 79 - pen and ink

Drawing 83 - pen and ink

Drawing 84 - pen and ink

Drawing 89 - stamp, pen and ink

Drawing 91 - stamp, pen and ink

Drawing 94 - stamp, pen and ink

Here they are together: 

The last drawing features the dragon that was created in drawings 4 and 5 as she is imagined by a girl.
Drawing 100 - wax, smoke, pen, watercolour

Thank you for this exercise, Lisa.  It was a brutal amount of drawings to pull off.  However, I found a new and versatile tool to add to my kit - a candle!  More importantly, I kind of get why we have to do a lot of drawings.  I will end this post with a link to one of my favourite videos by D.S. Liu based on an interview with Ira Glass.  See you soon, raccoon (that's for you, A.H.)

2 comments:

  1. I really like 91 :) But I guess it's good to see the others too or that one wouldn't be so funny. Congrats on this project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I like 91 too. We should all be allowed to have a 91 moment from time to time and then return to our usual number ;)

      Delete